Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Griffith <mg...@guerrilla-tech.com> on 2003/12/18 20:03:45 UTC

mod_jk + Apache 1.3 & Tomcat 4.1.29 on OSX (Panther)

Is there something special about how to get mod_jk + Apache 1.3/Tomcat
4.1.29 working together on OSX?  I was able to successfully configure my
Win32 box using these components, but on the OSX platform I get the
following Errors:

On the page:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /examples/ on this server.
Apache/1.3.28 Server at localhost Port 80

In the error_log in /var/log/httpd:

[Thu Dec 18 10:34:49 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (13)Permission denied:
access to /examples/ failed because search permissions are missing on a
component of the path

My mod_jk.log file is zero bytes.

I am starting both the Apache Server and Tomcat as root. I have checked the
permissions on mod_jk.so.

I am not using the auto generation of the mod_jk.conf file, instead I have
added the following to my httpd.conf file:

# Load MOD JK
LoadModule jk_module libexec/httpd/mod_jk.so

# Configure Mod JK File
JkWorkersFile /tomcat/conf/jk/workers.properties
JkLogFile "/tomcat/logs/mod_jk_log.txt"
JkLogLevel info

JkMount /examples/*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /examples/servlet/* ajp13

Alias /examples/ "/tomcat/webapps/examples/"

<Directory "/tomcat/webapps/examples">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

<Location /*/WEB-INF/*>
        AllowOverride None
        Deny from all
</Location>

Please, any help would be appreciated!

Michael Griffith

Re: mod_jk + Apache 1.3 & Tomcat 4.1.29 on OSX (Panther)

Posted by Michael Griffith <mg...@guerrilla-tech.com>.
Bill,

Thanks for chiming in -- forgive me for being so stupid, but if both
executed as root, wouldn't those permissions be default?  I do think I have
some sort of permissions problem -- my mod_jk log file is zero bytes (it is
in /tomcat/logs/) and everything else looks like it is connecting up the
right way...

Cheers!

MG

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.