Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Nussbaum, Ronen" <Ro...@verint.com> on 2020/12/17 10:29:52 UTC

SPLITSHARD - data loss of child documents

Hi Everyone,

We're using version 8.6.1 with nested documents.
I used the SPLITSHARD API and after it finished successfully, I've noticed the following:

  1.  Most of child documents are missing - before the split: ~600M, after: 68M
  2.  Retrieving a document with its children, shows child documents that do not belong to this parent (their parentID value is different than parent's ID).

I didn't see any limitation in the API documentation.
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Ronen.

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.

Re: SPLITSHARD - data loss of child documents

Posted by David Smiley <ds...@apache.org>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11191 and I assigned it to
myself just now.

~ David Smiley