Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ismael Blesa Part <ib...@tissat.es> on 2000/10/05 12:55:53 UTC

is it possible to have errorPages on included jsps?

I have a jsp with a defined errorPage that includes several jsps, could
the included jsp define the errorPage to use?

On Tomcat 3.2B4 I get an error with this, but on Orion Server it does
not complain about this?

Is it correct to have errorPages on included jsps?

Thanks

Re: is it possible to have errorPages on included jsps?

Posted by Pierre Delisle <pi...@sun.com>.

Ismael Blesa Part wrote:

> I have a jsp with a defined errorPage that includes several jsps, could
> the included jsp define the errorPage to use?
>
> On Tomcat 3.2B4 I get an error with this, but on Orion Server it does
> not complain about this?
>
> Is it correct to have errorPages on included jsps?
>
> Thanks

Jasper does not currently allow multiple errorPage directives.
This is the correct behavior according to the spec:

"A translation unit (JSP source file and any files included via the include directive) can
contain more than one instance of the page directive, all the attributes will apply to the
complete translation unit (i.e. page directives are position independent). However, there
shall
be only one occurrence of any attribute/value defined by this directive in a given translation
unit with the exception of the “import” attribute; multiple uses of this attribute are
cumulative (with ordered set union semantics). Other such multiple attribute/value
(re)definitions result in a fatal translation error."

        -- Pierre