Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Andre Lopes <lo...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/30 22:13:35 UTC

Solr 1.4 very slow - 60.000 documents

Hi,

I've a Solr 1.4 with about 60.000 documents but is getting very slow
in the searches. The website have usually very very few users. The
machine have 512MB Ram and I'm serving with Nginx one Python based web
app that is very low weight.

How can I search for the cause of the Solr slowdown? Any clues?

Best Regards,

Re: Solr 1.4 very slow - 60.000 documents

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
First, add &debugQuery=true to your query request and then look at the
"timing" section of the response to verify whether the "QueryComponent" is
taking up the bulk of the time. Sometimes, faceting or highlighting or other
components can be the real performance hogs.

-- Jack Krupansky