Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Stanislav V. Binev" <st...@webmessenger.bg> on 2000/10/12 12:47:57 UTC

Bug

Hello,
    We are using Apache with a Tomcat module. We encounter a problem with the following Java servlet code.
I am submitting the tomcat.log that identifies the problem as well as the apache log. I also submit the url.
Thank you in advance if can tell me what is the problem.

Java code:
   // Process the HTTP request
   public void service(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException {
      try {
         HashMap hmParams = Parameters2HashMap(request) ;
         // check the query string for validity:
         if (!hmParams.containsKey(URL)) {
            throw new Exception("No redirect URL specified in this hits_counter servlet call") ;
         }
         if (!hmParams.containsKey(TYPE)) {
            throw new Exception("No type specified in this hits_counter servlet call") ;
         }
         //
         String Type        = (String)hmParams.get(TYPE) ;
         // do the redirect
         String httpReferer = request.getHeader(REFERER) ;
         // use reffer, if any
         if (httpReferer != null) {
            response.setHeader(REFERER, httpReferer) ;
         }
         response.sendRedirect((String)hmParams.get(URL)) ;

url:
/servlets/earjam.hits_counter?Type=LOGO&SourceID=1&URL=http://www.muze.com

tomcat.log:
Context log: path="/servlets" In error handler 302 null / R( /servlets + /earjam.hits_counter + null)
Context log: path="/servlets" Error: Calling servlet Wrapper(tomcat.errorPage S:org.apache.tomcat.servlets.DefaultErrorPage)

apache log:
127.0.0.1 - - [12/Oct/2000:12:31:02 +0200] "GET /servlets/earjam.hits_counter?Type=LOGO&SourceID=1&URL=http://www.muze.com HTTP/1.1" 200 152

Tomcat Restarting

Posted by Rashmi Mathur <ra...@cysphere.com>.
Hello friends,

I just wanted to know one very specific thing abt tomcat. If I upload any

JavaBean class or a simple java Class onto my webserver on which my site

is

running, I need to restart tomcat for taking the inputs from the new

Java

classes. I have seen somewhere that its not required to restart tomcat for

this reason. Now my question is that:

1. Can this be done if I am using Apache- Tomcat combination on a Linux

box.

2. What changes need to be done and where exactly it needs to be done.

3. If it is possible, how would I, as an administrator know that how many

times I have uploaded the classes.

Thanks

Rashmi