Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> on 2018/11/15 09:48:41 UTC

DISCUSS: openejb-javaagent - Java11: Unable to initialize agent with embedded-maven-plugin

Hi,

After looking at this ticket with Thomas and when reading Romain's
feedback, I'm wondering if we should discuss this or try to find a better
option for the user.

Long story short, the javaagent currently pre-loads the JPA entities and
forces the instrumentation in a different class loader (it can throw away)
so when TomEE needs the classes, they are already instrumented.

From Romain's perspective, this brings more issues than it solves.
This is not my main area of expertise so I'm seeking for some thoughts to
understand.

Jean-Louis

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro