Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2003/02/17 23:24:03 UTC

Tweety++

Hi gang,

how quickly can you build a minimal "avalon-compliant" container?
Answer: rather quickly.

I was working on some ideas for a "container verification test suite"
and I wanted to find the "smallest framework-supported feature set"
among containers from the component view. I started out using tweety for
testing, which has too many limitations, so switched to fortress, which
introduced too many new semantics, so I whipped up something else.

Find one of the products of a sunday afternoon at:

http://cvs.apache.org/~leosimons/avalon/concept-container.tgz

Not intended to have any kind of future, more of an exercise in XP. What
I found particularly interesting is the massive amount of semantics you
can throw away and get something which still (sort-of) works.

g'night!

- Leo, planning on getting back to the website this week