Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2007/07/05 23:44:14 UTC

Re: changelog plugin not working for top-level project

maarten roosendaal wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been trying to use the changelog plugin for Maven 2 and it works fine for the modules but not for the top-level project.
>
> I have a project consisting of 3 modules and the changes for each module can be seen, but when the top-level pom.xml changes or any file directly under the root of my project i want to see a changelog as well. I've followed the instructions on the usage page of the plugin but no luck yet.

I think you are running into
   http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCHANGELOG-52
which have been fixed in svn.

If you can please try the latest 2.1-SNAPSHOT to see if it solves your
problem. Here are instruction on how to do it:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-development-plugins.html

> Also the order in which the changes appear are backwards, meaning the oldest are on top of the report and the newest on the bottom. I use the 'range' configurations.

Hmm, if I'm not mistaken the order is something that the SCM decides.
What type of SCM are you using?

> Hope someone has some suggestions and/or answers.
>
> Thanks,
> Maarten

Dennis Lundberg