Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Hamza Asad <ha...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/13 09:14:25 UTC

Change existing location of Hive Warehouse

Dear all, how can i change default directory of HIVE/HDFS i.e
/user/hive/warehouse to my own customized directory?

--
*Muhammad Hamza Asad *

Re: Change existing location of Hive Warehouse

Posted by Kugathasan Abimaran <ab...@hsenidmobile.com>.
Try to use following
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.18.2/hdfs_shell.html#cp

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Hamza Asad <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> thnx.. done it successfully.. Now i want to transfer my data from old
> location to new location, how can i do that
>

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Kugathasan Abimaran <
> abimarank@hsenidmobile.com> wrote:
>
>> If you don't have the following property in hive-site.xml, add it and
>> change the location where you want.
>>
>> <property>
>>   <name>hive.metastore.warehouse.dir</name>
>>   <value>/user/hive/warehouse</value>
>>   <description>location of default database for the
>> warehouse</description>
>> </property>
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Hamza Asad <ha...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all, how can i change default directory of HIVE/HDFS i.e
>>> /user/hive/warehouse to my own customized directory?
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Muhammad Hamza Asad *
>>>

>> --
>> Thanks,
>> With Regards,
>>
>> Abimaran
>>

> --
> *Muhammad Hamza Asad *
>  +923457261988

With Regards,

Abimaran

Re: Change existing location of Hive Warehouse

Posted by Hamza Asad <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
*Muhammad Hamza Asad *
 +923457261988

Re: Change existing location of Hive Warehouse

Posted by Kugathasan Abimaran <ab...@hsenidmobile.com>.
If you don't have the following property in hive-site.xml, add it and
change the location where you want.

<property>
  <name>hive.metastore.warehouse.dir</name>
  <value>/user/hive/warehouse</value>
  <description>location of default database for the warehouse</description>
</property>

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Hamza Asad <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all, how can i change default directory of HIVE/HDFS i.e
> /user/hive/warehouse to my own customized directory?
>
> --
> *Muhammad Hamza Asad *

With Regards,

Abimaran