Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2004/05/07 11:59:57 UTC

Re: Business Objects vs Data Objects [was Re:JXTemplates -what's in a name?]

Derek Hohls dijo:
> I just found an interesting quote from a paper on JDO:
> http://www.jdocentral.com/pdf/eigner_jdo.pdf
>
> "With the availability of JDO, it makes you wonder when
> and if you would ever need an EJB container at all within your
> application architecture if you use it only as a front-end
> to your database. All the model-oriented business logic can be
>  coded in the classes persisted by JDO, sparing us from using
> patterns such as 'data object' or 'value object'.
> After using JDO we contend that most web-based applications
> could be developed more easily with a web container and a set
> of JDO enhanced classes to encapsulate the model
> of the application. "
>
> This sounds very attractive to me from a learning POV for
> a standard DB application:
> * use flow for the controller; interactiing with forms and
> * enhanced JDO for the model/data access
> * views by generator of your choice...

Yep. This is the idea I bought last year. ;-)
BTW, there are some interesting books about JDO. And I am waiting for JDO
2.0 that promise to be even easier than 1.0 I cannot wait for it!

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo