Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by ceineke <ch...@ek3.com> on 2012/01/05 19:45:51 UTC

WADL documents containing multiple root resources with no "id" attributes

Hello all,

I noticed the following on the
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jaxrs-services-description.html#JAXRSServicesDescription-WADLfirstDevelopment
JAXRS Services Description page :

"Note that WADL documents containing multiple root resources with no "id"
attributes will be supported shortly as well."

When do you expect support for this to land in the wadl2java code generator?
I'm trying to generate a client from a particular WADL document, but the
code generator generates duplicate method signatures.

I have access to and can modify the JAX-RS service code. Is there an
annotation that will add an id="..." attribute to the method tag in the
mean-time?

Best regards,
  Chris

Re: WADL documents containing multiple root resources with no "id" attributes

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
On 05/01/12 22:34, ceineke wrote:
> Also note that the name of the class is /WadlGenerator/ and not
> /WADLGenerator/.

Thanks, I got it fixed, there were quite a few typos.

Re your question about generating WADL without having to start an
endpoint: no, not possible yet.

Cheers, Sergey

Re: WADL documents containing multiple root resources with no "id" attributes

Posted by ceineke <ch...@ek3.com>.

Posted by ceineke <ch...@ek3.com>.
Sorry, that's CXF 2.4.5, not 2.4.8 :P

Re: WADL documents containing multiple root resources with no "id" attributes

Posted by ceineke <ch...@ek3.com>.
Hello Sergey,

Unfortunately I can't try with 2.5.0, but I can report that your suggested
configuration is working with CXF 2.4.8.

And for everyone reference, here's my jaxrs:providers section that made it
work:

    <jaxrs:providers>
      <bean class="org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.model.wadl.WadlGenerator">
        <property name="singleResourceMultipleMethods" value="false"/>
        <property name="addResourceAndMethodIds" value="true"/>
      </bean>
  </jaxrs:server>

Btw, is there a way to generate a WADL from a code base without requesting
it from a running service?

Re: WADL documents containing multiple root resources with no "id" attributes

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi
> "Note that WADL documents containing multiple root resources with no "id"
> attributes will be supported shortly as well."
>
> When do you expect support for this to land in the wadl2java code generator?
> I'm trying to generate a client from a particular WADL document, but the
> code generator generates duplicate method signatures.

This has to be supported in CXF 2.5.0, can you try it please ?
> I have access to and can modify the JAX-RS service code. Is there an
> annotation that will add an id="..." attribute to the method tag in the
> mean-time?

It's possible to configure WADLGenerator and set a boolean
'addResourceAndMethodIds' property on it in order to get id attributes
added to methods and resources, here is the updated page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF20DOC/JAXRS+Services+Description#JAXRSServicesDescription-CustomizingWADLGeneration

Cheers, Sergey

> Best regards,
>    Chris