Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Robert Y. Sandford" <rs...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/20 23:01:11 UTC

Re: Re[2]: Returned post for l10n@openoffice.apache.org

From: "Robert Y. Sandford" <rs...@gmail.com>
To: "l10n@openoffice.apache.org" <l1...@openoffice.apache.org>
Bcc:
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 08:42:02 -0500
Subject: ASCII bug attack?
Apache people,

            I am not sure I have the right address on this email.  If it
should  go somewhere else, kindly forward it to the right people.
            I am very distressed as I have lost a file which was not backed
up - my fault.  I have been using your Open Office for approximately 10
years with NO problems.
           *The Problem:*   A week ago, as I started to update a book
journal I keep, I tried to open the file.
                   Rather than the file showing up, An ASCII page appeared
with several options to choose from.  I closed the file and tried to open
the book file again.  Again, the ASCII page
opened up.  Not knowing what I was doing and thinking wrongly that I
could click on one of the options and then "not save" it and return to the
original file, I clicked on one of the options - the first one I think.'
 Well, the English was translated to something like all X's, and I was
never able to get back to my file.

           What is going on?  If I send you the messed up file, can one of
your experts get it back?  The other files do not seem to have been
infected. I have never even heard of ASCII files before this happened.

Please help and acknowledge this email.
Thank you,
Robert Y.Sandford

Posted by 許哲崇 <fi...@gmail.com>.