Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ba...@mediageneral.com on 2003/10/17 16:21:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem with cgi's executing

Greetings,
I'm trying to get a wwwinstall.cgi to execute in a directory outside of the
cgi-bin.

I have the zip file unzipped under /usr/local/apache/htdocs and I have the
permissions correct and I included <Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs/>
Options +ExecCGI </Directory> in the httpd.conf file.  However when I go to
the file in a web browser it still prompts me to execute it.  What else
should I look at?

Thanks,
Bobbie

Bobbie Atristain
Internet Systems Administrator
Media General, INC.
804.649.6156

Re: [users@httpd] Problem with cgi's executing

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 batristain@mediageneral.com wrote:

> Greetings,
> I'm trying to get a wwwinstall.cgi to execute in a directory outside of the
> cgi-bin.
>
> I have the zip file unzipped under /usr/local/apache/htdocs and I have the
> permissions correct and I included <Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs/>
> Options +ExecCGI </Directory> in the httpd.conf file.  However when I go to
> the file in a web browser it still prompts me to execute it.  What else
> should I look at?

Sound's like you are missing at least an "AddHandler cgi-script cgi"
directive.  See:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/cgi.html#configuring

Joshua.