Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Brian Blakeley <we...@labourunions.com> on 2005/08/25 08:50:17 UTC

Admin role seems broken

Hi Everyone,

I am having an interesting problem with my admin login.

I can log in but get the not authorized error message for almost all of
the tabs and sub-tabs.

I can not even post to my blog.

I used rollerpw to grant myself admin rights. I added my usename to
adminusers in the rollerconfig database. But no luck.

Roller 1.0 Fedora MySQL JAVA 1.4 Tomcat 5.0.30

Also, I can post using the finch client from my cell phone through
XML-RPC - interestingly enough.

Any thoughts?

Brian

www.cheblogs.com

Re: Admin role seems broken

Posted by Brian Blakeley <we...@labourunions.com>.
Hi Anin,

Once again you have saved the day!

Here's what happened. I have been scrambling to get CheBlogs.com up to
the task of severing over 50,000 visitors this month (thanks to the good
folks at the various drug suppliers from  dot olo dot cc) and have been
making a lot of configuration adjustments.

At one point I wanted to look at the users who now have blogs on the
site. So I went to the admin user page and expected to see a drop down
list. Of course I did not see one so I thought something was wrong. (the
problem with good software and silly users is that the users forget how
the software works since it just works!).

So then I ended up in MySQL and noticed that I had no Admin role defined
for myself, but  I did have two editor roles. So I deleted the second
editor role and used rollerpw to grant myself an admin role.

Bit of a mistake as you so helpfully pointed below.

Fix it up now with my humble thanks!!!

Brian

Re: Admin role seems broken