Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se> on 2020/05/13 15:03:14 UTC

Re: snap and sdkman startup problem

I poked around a bit with the netbeans.desktop file and got netbeans (snap
or not) to pick up sdkman's default jdk with
Exec=bash -c "[[ -s /home/pata/.sdkman/bin/sdkman-init.sh ]] && source
/home/pata/.sdkman/bin/sdkman-init.sh && netbeans %F"

It's far from pretty and far from generic, but it might serve as some kind
of inspiration.
I'll use since it's easier for me to maintain after snap updates instead of
creating and editing netbeans.conf files.

/Patrik

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Just more specific about the magic. it is SH not BASH, so [[ <expr> ]]
shall not be used.

Posted by Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se>.
Nice!

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.