Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com> on 2002/08/20 15:38:14 UTC

Re: Easily compare two XML files -> favor to ask.

I have a silly favor to ask of everyone.

When you ask a question, can you please use a question
in the subject? Like so many subject lines
I've seen over the years, I saw this subject, thought
"wow, that's something I could use" only to open the
e-mail to find it wasn't offering the method to compare XML files,
it was asking for a way to do it. If the subject had been
"How can I easily compare two XML files?" I would have known
it was a question, instead of (apparently) a statement of fact.

Or, are e-mails not subject to the standard rules of grammar
and punctuation?

Knowing my response borders on flaming (I'm not meaning to flame,
just asking folks to use standard grammar and punctuation) I did
wait until someone responded with some suggestions...