Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2004/02/09 21:58:51 UTC

Apache License 2.0

All ASF software releases after March 1 have to use the new version of the
license.  Has anything been done for this for forrest?

http://apache.org/dev/apply-license.html

Did I just volunteer myself?

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net

Re: Apache License 2.0

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > There is also an outstanding query as to whether we need to add
> > the license header to all generated output, e.g. *.html
>
> The reply IIRC was that we just need to add this to each page footer:
>
> "Copyright 2002-2004 Apache Software Foundation. Licensed under the
> Apache License, Version 2.0."

Except "The Apache Soft....".

Oh, i did not catch that reply then. Someone was asking whether
it needed to be as XML comments or just on the face of the page.

Does anyone else have a need for further copyright facilities?
I don't have any need for my own web sites.

> For us this part is easy, we just add it to our skinconf :-)

What a great application we have here, anticipated the need!

--David

Re: Apache License 2.0

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:

>>>Do you have ideas on how to proceed?
>>
>>There is a script for doing the work in the committers module.
>
> That will get "some" of the job done. We still need to *add* it to
> all of the other source files xdocs/*.xml and all *.xsl and to all
> the **build.xml and the *.sh and *.bat files, etc.

Yup.

> There is also an outstanding query as to whether we need to add
> the license header to all generated output, e.g. *.html

The reply IIRC was that we just need to add this to each page footer:

"Copyright 2002-2004 Apache Software Foundation. Licensed under the
Apache License, Version 2.0."

For us this part is easy, we just add it to our skinconf :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Apache License 2.0

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: Apache License 2.0

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Re: Apache License 2.0

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> All ASF software releases after March 1 have to use the new version of the
> license.  Has anything been done for this for forrest?

No, but we should do it soon, so that we are ready for our next release.

> http://apache.org/dev/apply-license.html
>
> Did I just volunteer myself?

Thanks :-)

I will help too. We could split the work. We need to have the license
header in all source files including *.xml *.xsl