Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Johan Montelius <jo...@kth.se> on 2008/12/03 13:35:00 UTC

Introduction

Hi,

I'm new to this list and new to couchDB. I'm senior lecturer at the Royal
Institute of Technology - KTH in Stockholm Seden were I among other things
give courses in distributed systems and Internet security. Since I have an
interest in Erlang being used in distributed applications I stumbled on
couchDB and it got me interested. I hope to be able to contribute in this
project but it will of course take me some time to get familiar with th
code and how things are linked together. I saw that authentication is on
the wish list and this miight be something that I might be able to
contribute to. Also the replication scheme and fault tollerence is of
interest as well as parallelisation. I start with using the system to get
abetter understanding of what is actually privided and how.

btw: I'm an Opera user and something is obviously in conflict there, tried
Konqueror also without success. I guess tweeking around different browsers
jscript engines in not a high priority but if u think this is worth
looking into I could give it a shot - otherwise I'll use FF as everyone
else.

   Johan

--
KTH ICT
Johan Montelius

"Slåttern den var bärgad, och bilen likaså. Jag trodde att den gick men
det var jag som måste gå."  Det var samma dag som brandstation brann ner -
Svenne Rubins

Re: Introduction

Posted by David Pratt <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jan and Johan. I can confirm Safari 3 with Futon has been working
fine for me on mac. I think its jquery that is used in futon which
claims broad support for all major browsers. That said, it should
only be a matter of fixing bugs achieve broader browser compatibility.

Regards,
David

Re: Introduction

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.