Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/19 20:24:20 UTC

Re: svn commit: r508630 - in /incubator/roller/trunk: ./ apps/planet/ apps/planet/src/sql/ metadata/database/ metadata/database/tmpls/

On 2/16/07, agilliland@apache.org <ag...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: agilliland
> Date: Fri Feb 16 14:40:45 2007
> New Revision: 508630

> Log:
> fixing up Roller dbscript generation process to allow for independent db script generation for Planet and Weblogger apps.  Each application can now maintain and generate it's own db scripts indpendently of the other app.
>
> NOTE: this doesn't solve the issue of how to properly include the planet scripts with the weblogger scripts, that will be tackled in a subsequent commit.
>
> Added:
>     incubator/roller/trunk/apps/planet/src/sql/
>     incubator/roller/trunk/apps/planet/src/sql/control.vm
>     incubator/roller/trunk/apps/planet/src/sql/createdb.vm
>     incubator/roller/trunk/apps/planet/src/sql/dbscripts.properties
>     incubator/roller/trunk/apps/planet/src/sql/droptables.sql
>     incubator/roller/trunk/metadata/database/dbscripts.properties
>     incubator/roller/trunk/metadata/database/macros.vm
>     incubator/roller/trunk/metadata/database/tmpls/

No object to the re-org and cleanup, but can't we just call it
"templates" and not "tmpls"? - Dave

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
On 2/20/07, Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com> wrote:
> yes, templates would have been better, I guess I was just being really
> lazy for some reason :/
>
> part of it was that i didn't care that much about the name because I
> expect that directory to be moved once we migrate the weblogger code to
> the correct place in the new blueprints workspace layout.  so like the
> planet app, the weblogger code will go under /apps/weblogger and the sql
> script templates will be in /apps/weblogger/src/sql/, so it was really
> just chosen as a temporary name until that happens.

I'd rather to Maven's workspace layout than the blueprints layout.  I
believe as an Apache project - we should follow the path that everyone
else uses. ;-)

Matt

--
http://raibledesigns.com