Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jacob Hookom <ho...@uwec.edu> on 2002/09/24 08:55:32 UTC

RE: [OT][WORKFLOW] Any best practice for "back", "save", "continue" buttons?

Yeah, I used it in a login handler that I wrote for struts, where:

If (not logged in)
	(push requested url on stack in session)
)

login.jsp

<form
	<hidden value = requestStack.first

It's detailed in Java E-Commerce from Wrox publishing

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
Im using something a little more complex that is a bit similar.
I store some information into a uniquely identified object in the session ,
this includes the ActionForm the user is currently editing & a url to resume
editing this, then I forward to another page where the user can edit
something else (perhaps a detail record). The user can repeat this process
to stack to any number of levels. When an operation is complete the user is
returned to the form they were previously editing (the actionForm having
been preserved in the session) to continue editing it in the state is was
before they diverted.
(Incidentally, using the browsers back button in such a case results in a
rather bad case of server state confusion!)