Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by pubudu gunawardena <pu...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/14 11:02:03 UTC

Some help to understand the Kafka exposed MBeans

Hi All,

I am in the process of performance testing an application that
produces messages to Kafka. I am testing the application with
increasing loads.
I would like to get some statistics from Kafka so that I know that
more Kafka nodes should be added to handle a specific load. I have
connected to Kafka JMX console, but having some trouble interpreting
the values shown there.
For example, should I look at the
kafka.network.RequestChannel.RequestQueueSize/ResponseQueueSize or
ReqeuestMetrics.LocalTimeMs.Produce etc..
Can someone please let me know which statistics to look at in order to
achieve the above and how to interpret them? Or if there is some
document that I should refer to in order to understand those values?

Pubudu