Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Shoaib <sh...@vmoksha.com> on 2004/04/13 02:54:08 UTC

DynaValidatorActionForm

Dear All,

We are trying to implement all ActionForm in our project by
DynaActionForm.
But we are not able to use DynaActionForm, where there are dynamic
number of rows on the page eg in case of purchase order we don't know
how many line items will be there.

Can anybody please help me in doing it.

Regards
Shoaib

Re: DynaValidatorActionForm

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Take a look at the LazyValidatorForm I wrote - specifically the get(String
name, int index)  method handles this scenario.

http://www.niallp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Niall

Posted by Shahriar Jamshidi <sh...@returnity.com.au>.
I dont think DynaActionForm will help you in what your trying to do.
 From what I understand DynaActionForm is an actionForm where the elements are
defined in the struts-config file rather than in you own java code.

(Ie you dont have to write java class that extends actionForm and make
getValue() setValue() for your elements,
you just use a DynaActionForm and define the values in the
struts-config.xml file.)

I have had the need to make forms with dynamic numbers of Elements too, but
I have yet to find a struts method to assist me in doing this. I usually
resort to using the HttpServletRequest and using getParameters() and
finding the dynamic parameters from there.

(If anyone knows of a struts method for using dynamic numbers of elements
I'd also be interested).

Regards

Shahriar