Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by cian <ci...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/11/12 04:19:28 UTC

Starting writing testcases

Hi,

I've been browsing the mail archives, and the wiki documentation, and figure
the best way to develop a deeper understanding this project is either to
write some test cases, or write documentation. I've run clover, and there
seems to be plenty of the code that needs unit testing. However, I'd rather
not repeat what other people are doing.

So:

1) Are other people writing unit tests. If so what?
2) Are there particular components that need testing more badly than others
(for example: core, common, or kernel).
3) How do I get a license for clover? Do I just tell them that I'm working
on this project, or is there another method?

Further point. It might be worth ammending the documentation to point out
that you have to add the command line option: -Dmaven.test.force=true

Thanks,

Cian

PS - I'll introduce myself if/when I add something to this project ;)