Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2004/08/09 02:30:21 UTC

multi-user capability (Was: Solaris problem)

(Changed the Subject name as we have gone to a different topic.)

Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Fabio Rinaldi wrote:
> >
> > Yes, but if we are in a multi-user environment, and we want one
> > installation to be used by multiple users, then this problems prevents
> > it: only the user which installed the software can actually use
> > it. When a user is running forrest to build a web site, it should not
> > need to write anything to the installation directory: all intermediate
> > and final files should be written in the build directory, or at least
> > this is what I would expect.
>
> Yes, definitely.  We need to look into this.  I think we've all
> overlooked multi-user installations.

We are still working on the development of Forrest to
not copy files needlessly into temporary build directories.
We are also fixing the way forrest builds and runs itself
so that logfiles and temporary files go into the project
build directory.

So we are already addressing multi-user requirements.

In fact this is one of the main reasons that we have
not yet released our 0.6 version.

--
David Crossley