Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com> on 2010/12/22 23:57:46 UTC

Discussion: Move securityext component to framework

I have run into a HUGE obstacle in the process of moving
security-related UI artifacts to the framework - they call services
defined in applications/securityext. Indeed, they call ALL of the
services defined in securityext.

The securityext component depends on the entity and service components,
so it needs to be loaded after those, but I can't see any reason why
securityext needs to be in the applications folder.

I think the securityext component should be in the framework folder.
What do you think?

-Adrian

Re: Discussion: Move securityext component to framework

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Here's the history: http://svn.ofbiz.org/viewcvs?rev=4536&view=rev

If it no longer depends on party then I don't see an issue with moving it back.

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Okay, I just did a trial component move and securityext has some
dependencies on components in the applications folder.

Instead of moving securityext to the framework, I will just move all of
the security-related services to the common component.

-Adrian