Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by "Bandaru, Vivek Shresta" <vi...@iu.edu> on 2020/03/29 16:22:22 UTC

Storage module

Hi All,

I would like to know more about the following modules:
1. Aggregation of the data and analytics of all the tenants in a unified portal.
2. Setting a memory cap for every individual or a tenant in the S3 bucket. I believe this involves delineating all the memory used by the individual.

What work is going to be involved in developing these modules?

Regards,
Vivek.

Re: [External] Re: Storage module

Posted by "Bandaru, Vivek Shresta" <vi...@iu.edu>.
Thank you professor.

From: Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>
Date: Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 7:41 PM
To: Airavata Dev <de...@airavata.apache.org>
Subject: [External] Re: Storage module

Hi Vivek,

Please see below

This JIRA has details of the project and its break down - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-3200

2. Setting a memory cap for every individual or a tenant in the S3 bucket. I believe this involves delineating all the memory used by the individual.

A background of MFT will help you understand some goals - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zrO4Z1dn7ENhm1RBdVCw-dDpWiebaZEWy66ceTWoOlo/edit?usp=sharing

A related paper from last years GSOC student might help - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gemKVec_6Ou_c6QKysHTKQzd1RJlJE3w_60A4I0pQjI/edit?usp=sharing

Suresh

Re: Storage module

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Vivek,

This JIRA has details of the project and its break down - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-3200 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-3200>
> 2. Setting a memory cap for every individual or a tenant in the S3 bucket. I believe this involves delineating all the memory used by the individual.

A background of MFT will help you understand some goals - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zrO4Z1dn7ENhm1RBdVCw-dDpWiebaZEWy66ceTWoOlo/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zrO4Z1dn7ENhm1RBdVCw-dDpWiebaZEWy66ceTWoOlo/edit?usp=sharing>

A related paper from last years GSOC student might help - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gemKVec_6Ou_c6QKysHTKQzd1RJlJE3w_60A4I0pQjI/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gemKVec_6Ou_c6QKysHTKQzd1RJlJE3w_60A4I0pQjI/edit?usp=sharing>

Suresh