Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Gale, David" <Da...@Hypertherm.com> on 2006/05/25 16:50:17 UTC

svn copy oddness

While testing, I encountered the following unexpected behavior:

I'd checked out the root of a test repository with trunk and branches
subdirectories; from the trunk directory, I tried the following:

# svn cp . ../branches/branch1/
svn: Cannot copy path '.' into its own child '../branches/branch1'

The trunk and branches directories are at the same level in the
directory structure--they're siblings, not children.  As far as I can
tell, this command should've worked.  Anyone know why it didn't?  Is
this an issue that ought to be filed in the tracker?

(using svn 1.3.1)

-David