Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Christian <ch...@yahoo.de> on 2012/06/15 21:55:12 UTC

Can I read charts from .xlsx and from .xls Excel files?

Hello,

does anybody know if I can read a chart from .xlsx files and/or from
.xls files? I heard that this is under construction in POI, but I do not
understand, how to use the classes of the following libraries:

org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.charts,
org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.charts,
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel and
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.chart?

It would be great if at least simple charts could be treated (bar chart,
pie chart etc.). Does there any code example exist that explains how to
read charts from an existing Excel file?

Thank you for any answers,
Christian