Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Philip <su...@wachtel.us> on 2003/06/30 22:31:03 UTC

Custom Authentication off of IMAP/Mail

Hi there,

Forgive me if my question has an obvious answer, but I'm trying to get used
to the Turbine paradigm and I haven't completely seen "the light" yet.

I'm looking to create an IMAP mail interface using Turbine.  I'd like the
login action to authenticate off of the IMAP mail authentication.

Questions:
1. Do I even need a TurbineUser object?  What about user information in the
database?  Do I even need it if I'm simply accessing data from the IMAP
server.
2. Where do I store session information, like the IMAP connection?
3. What would be the general approach to this kind of project?

Like I said, these are the questions of a newbie, so thanks for keeping that
in mind.

Regards,
Philip

Re: Custom Authentication off of IMAP/Mail

Posted by Philip <su...@wachtel.us>.
Henning,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I'm planning on using javamail 1.3.  It's a pretty good package.

I was afraid that you'd say that it'll be rough to use IMAP authentication
solely.

Thanks for your advice regarding IMAP service.  I'll check it out.

Regards,
Philip