Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> on 2008/07/24 16:57:21 UTC

[Studio] Release done - SVN updates

Hi all,

I just wanted to say that I deployed all the jars on the mirrors (a 415 MB
upload!!!)...

I also updated the trunk version to 1.3.0.SNAPSHOT so we can start working
on the next version.

I created a branch (
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/branches/1.2.x/) for our
1.2.x future releases (1.2.0-RC2?, final version, and service updates).
So, please, when a bug is fixed in the 1.2.x branch, don't forget to also
commit in trunk.
Same thing if a bug related to 1.2.x is fixed in trunk, it should also be
commited in the 1.2.x trunk.

I've tagged the 1.2.0-RC1 release here (
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/releases/1.2.0-RC1/), and
I was wondering if it would not be better to rename this 'releases' folders
as 'tags', just like we did for the ApacheDS releases. WDYT ?

Thanks

Re: [Studio] Release done - SVN updates

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
Hi Pierre-Arnaud,

Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> I just wanted to say that I deployed all the jars on the mirrors (a 415
> MB upload!!!)...
Oops.

> I created a branch
> (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/branches/1.2.x/) for
> our 1.2.x future releases (1.2.0-RC2?, final version, and service updates).
That's a good idea to create a branch.

> I've tagged the 1.2.0-RC1 release here
> (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/releases/1.2.0-RC1/),
> and I was wondering if it would not be better to rename this 'releases'
> folders as 'tags', just like we did for the ApacheDS releases. WDYT ?
+1

Thanks for releasing!

Stefan

Re: [Studio] Release done - SVN updates

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Hi Pam,

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:57 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just wanted to say that I deployed all the jars on the mirrors (a 415 MB
> upload!!!)...

Whooah!  Great news and great job.  Thanks for it.

> I also updated the trunk version to 1.3.0.SNAPSHOT so we can start working
> on the next version.
>
> I created a branch (
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/branches/1.2.x/) for our
> 1.2.x future releases (1.2.0-RC2?, final version, and service updates).
> So, please, when a bug is fixed in the 1.2.x branch, don't forget to also
> commit in trunk.
> Same thing if a bug related to 1.2.x is fixed in trunk, it should also be
> commited in the 1.2.x trunk.
>
> I've tagged the 1.2.0-RC1 release here (
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/releases/1.2.0-RC1/),
> and I was wondering if it would not be better to rename this 'releases'
> folders as 'tags', just like we did for the ApacheDS releases. WDYT ?

That's a good idea.  I did this because of David's advice and he was right.
It makes life easier with Maven.

Regards,
Alex