Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Lucky <wa...@163.com> on 2017/07/12 08:00:20 UTC

Requested array size exceeds VM limit

Hi:
    I have a table with 20000000 records, 6 fields.

    When I use "select fid from userInfo " ,It got a error,like this:
Exception in thread "H2 Console thread" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Requested array size exceeds VM limit

     How to increase the heap?

     Thanks

    Lucky

Re: Requested array size exceeds VM limit

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Try to use LIMIT and OFFSET conditions.
But, these conditions requires data to be sorted.
Without sorting rows order can differed from query to query.

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 11:53 AM, Humphrey <hm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can modify the ignite.sh script and increase the Xms and Xmx values

Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov

Re:Re: Requested array size exceeds VM limit

Posted by Lucky <wa...@163.com>.

Thanks all.
I know how to do it .

Lucky

At 2017-07-15 21:45:06, "Denis Magda" <dm...@gridgain.com> wrote:
Starting Ignite 2.0 data is always in off-heap meaning you can easily store and process terabytes of data in the cluster.

Java heap is needed only for operational needs of your application (not as data storage). Start with some value around a couple of gigabytes and increase if the workload requires more.

Denis

On Saturday, July 15, 2017, Lucky <wa...@163.com> wrote:

OK .I see.
But My data is more than 80GB, and it will rise to 120G  the next 3 years,  and   I want to let my  data always resides in off heap.
My ignite version is 2.0.
Any suggestion?

Thanks.
Lucky

At 2017-07-14 21:27:21, "Andrey Mashenkov" <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Lucky,

It is a bad practice to set JVM memory >= 32GB. Usually, you can get a performance degradation for heap > 10Gb due to heavy GC.
Also it make no sense to have different Xms and Xmx params on server side as, JVM never revert back free memory to OS.

From ignite-2.x there is no need to have huge heap as all your data will always resides in off heap.
For 1.x versions, you can add more nodes with smaller heap or use OffHeap memory mode.

See recommended settings [1].

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/jvm-and-system-tuning

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 5:02 AM, Lucky <wa...@163.com> wrote:

Actually,my setting is : Xms =40G,Xmx =120G.
but it still got the wrong message.
Are there another parameters about H2 console?

Thanks.
Lucky

At 2017-07-12 16:53:56, "Humphrey" <hm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>You can modify the ignite.sh script and increase the Xms and values
>

>--

Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov

Re: Requested array size exceeds VM limit

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.

Re:Re: Re: Requested array size exceeds VM limit

Posted by Lucky <wa...@163.com>.

OK .I see.
But My data is more than 80GB, and it will rise to 120G  the next 3 years,  and   I want to let my  data always resides in off heap.
My ignite version is 2.0.
Any suggestion?

Thanks.
Lucky

At 2017-07-14 21:27:21, "Andrey Mashenkov" <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Lucky,

It is a bad practice to set JVM memory >= 32GB. Usually, you can get a performance degradation for heap > 10Gb due to heavy GC.
Also it make no sense to have different Xms and Xmx params on server side as, JVM never revert back free memory to OS.

From ignite-2.x there is no need to have huge heap as all your data will always resides in off heap.

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lucky,

It is a bad practice to set JVM memory >= 32GB. Usually, you can get a
performance degradation for heap > 10Gb due to heavy GC.
Also it make no sense to have different Xms and Xmx params on server side
as, JVM never revert back free memory to OS.

From ignite-2.x there is no need to have huge heap as all your data will
always resides in off heap.

Posted by Lucky <wa...@163.com>.

Posted by Humphrey <hm...@gmail.com>.
You can modify the ignite.sh script and increase the Xms and Xmx values