Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Techienote com <te...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/31 12:40:57 UTC

[users@httpd] standard shutdown error apache mod_ossl

Hi,

We are facing very weird problem for one of our website. We are able
to access the problematic website using https protocol on Desktop
machines as well as on Android 2.X OS. We are seeing network error
when we are hitting the same URL from Android 4.X OS.

After enabling the debug logs, we are seeing following entries in the
ssl_engine_log

[31/Mar/2013 15:41:58 26881] [info] Connection to child 2 closed with
standard shutdown (server hostname:443, client x.x.x.x)

Need to understand why it is only happening with Android 4.X version
OS. Also what is the meaning of standard shutdown and how to debug it
further.

Environment information is as follows
OS: Solaris 5.10 64 bit
WebServer Version : Apache 1.3.31

Following is the VirtualHost entries fyr:
<VirtualHost *:443>
SSLEngine On
SSLProtocol +ALL -SSLv2
SSLCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM
SSLWallet file:/default
</VirtualHost>

Regards,
Vidyadhar

Re: [users@httpd] standard shutdown error apache mod_ossl

Posted by Techienote com <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi Igor,

On 3/31/13, Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31/03/2013 10:02 PM, "Techienote com" <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Igor,
>>
>> On 3/31/13, Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > This is info not a error
>> This is the only entry which we are seeing at the time of issue.

>> > Are you seriously still running apache 1?
>> Yes
>> Is there any further way to debug this?
>> >
> Put
> LogLevel debug
> inside https host.
The above log entries we are seeing after enabling the debug log
> Have you tried different browsers?
Working fine in firefox and opera. Only problem with default browser
and google chrome.

Posted by Techienote com <te...@gmail.com>.
On 3/31/13, Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31/03/2013 10:09 PM, "Igor Cicimov" <ic...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 31/03/2013 10:02 PM, "Techienote com" <te...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Igor,

>> > This is the only entry which we are seeing at the time of issue.

>> > Yes
>> > Is there any further way to debug this?
>> > >
>> Put
>> LogLevel debug
>> inside https host.
>> Have you tried different browsers?
>>
> Also start snoop on port 443 and check what is going on.
Did you mean sniff. If no kindly let me know how to snoop on port 443.

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Techienote com <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi Igor,

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Techienote com <te...@gmail.com>.
 Hi Richard,

It is a CA signed certificate.

>> I'm assuming you're using the default browser on the android-4.x
>> device -- have you tried others -- firefox, chrome, dolphin (there
>> are also beta versions of ff and chrome available) -- to see if you
>> get a different interaction? [i don't have an SSL site to try things
>> against at the moment.]
Site is working fine in Opera and Firefox. It is not working with
default browser and in chrome.

>>   - Richard

Regards,
Vidyadhar