Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Pablo Torre <pa...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/23 09:29:15 UTC

Sqoop security

Hi guys,

I would like to ask you some questions about security connections with
Sqoop.

I have this config file "sqoop.conf":

#

# Options file for Sqoop

#

# Specifies the tool being invoked

import

# Connect parameter and value

--connect

jdbc:sqlserver://xxx.xxx.x.xx\SQLEXPRESS;database=TEST

# Username parameter and value

--username

xxxx

--password

xxxx

--verbose

*--target-dir*

*s3://......*

--split-by

age

--table

dbo.users

--fields-terminated-by

,

--input-fields-terminated-by

,

--check-column

updated_at

--incremental

lastmodified

--last-value

2015-02-07 10:33:47

It is working perfectly, I am using Sqoop to import data from a SQL Server
(through a VPN) to Amazon S3. I know that this connection is safe, but what
happen when Sqoop is moving this data to Amazon S3. Is it safe this
connection? Is using Sqoop underneath a security connection? I don't know
how it works.

Best,

--
Pablo Torre.
Freelance software engineer and Ruby on Rails developer.