Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ben <be...@yahoo.com> on 2010/10/08 10:09:42 UTC

displaying error messages on respective panel

I have 3 panels on a page, all 3 panels also have form in them.
And I have a wicket form wrapping all 3 panels.
On panel3 I have a submit button and in that submit logic I am validating
panel 1 and panel 2 components. As I have the submit logic in panel3 the
error messages are being displayed in panel3.
But I want the error messages on the corresponding panels.
eg. when I click the submit button on panel 3, if there are any validation
errors on panel 1 then the error message should be displayed on the panel 1.
How can i achieve this.

Thanks,
Ben

Re: displaying error messages on respective panel

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
see ContainerFeedbackMessageFilter, baically each panel has its own
feedback panel and they each use the filter to only display messages
from their respective children.

-igor

Posted by Ben <be...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for your reply.

But I am displaying my own custom error messages reading from some other
file.
In this case how can i achieve that.

Posted by vov <vo...@mail.ru>.
new FeedbackPanel("feedback", new ContainerFeedbackMessageFilter(form)
        {
          @Override
          public boolean accept(FeedbackMessage message)
          {
            return {Your code};
          }
        });