Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Yoonmin Nam <ro...@dgist.ac.kr> on 2014/01/20 03:42:07 UTC

About Parallel Frequent Growth algorithm

Hello, everyone!

Is there anyone know about the reason why PFG is deprecated in Mahout?

I knew that new algorithm (BIGFIM) will be implemented as a substitution of
old PFG algorithm for parallel frequent pattern mining.

Please let me know if you knew the reason.

Thanks!

Re: About Parallel Frequent Growth algorithm

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
it seems more like it is not supported.
I'd port it into spark counterpart and make sure there's a support (i.e. a
person to go after when it breaks :)

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
(1) diligently answer inqueries about method use and theoretical foundation
on the user list
(2) fix arising issues related to that stuff, diligently as well.

when (1) and (2) stops happening, the method gets axed in a year or couple
releases (which what pretty much happend this time i think).

You think you'd be able to subscribe for that for the next few years?

Posted by Qinghao Dai <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.