Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl> on 2011/02/10 10:52:06 UTC

RE: svn commit: r1068977 - in /subversion/trunk/subversion: svn/cat-cmd.c tests/cmdline/cat_tests.py

FAIL:  cat_tests.py 1: cat a local directory
FAIL:  cat_tests.py 4: cat a nonexistent file
FAIL:  cat_tests.py 5: cat should skip uncattable resources
FAIL:  cat_tests.py 6: cat an unversioned file parent dir thinks exists

These tests fail on all ra-layers and there are a few more errors on the layers that have authorization support.

Noorul, can you run at least the ra_local tests before sending a patch?

(It would be nicer if you could test all relevant ra layers, but that is a bit too much to ask)

	Bert

Re: svn commit: r1068977 - in /subversion/trunk/subversion: svn/cat-cmd.c tests/cmdline/cat_tests.py

Posted by Noorul Islam K M <no...@collab.net>.
"Bert Huijben" <be...@qqmail.nl> writes:

> [...]

I ran 'make check' and it did not complain. Doesn't that cover ra_local?

Thanks and Regards
Noorul

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
On 02/10/2011 04:52 AM, Bert Huijben wrote:
> FAIL:  cat_tests.py 1: cat a local directory
> FAIL:  cat_tests.py 4: cat a nonexistent file
> FAIL:  cat_tests.py 5: cat should skip uncattable resources
> FAIL:  cat_tests.py 6: cat an unversioned file parent dir thinks exists
>
> These tests fail on all ra-layers and there are a few more errors on the layers that have authorization support.
>
> Noorul, can you run at least the ra_local tests before sending a patch?
>
> (It would be nicer if you could test all relevant ra layers, but that is a bit too much to ask)

Whoa, hold on just a second.  Noorul is not to blame here.  Patches are
transmitted against a baseline code snapshot that isn't guaranteed to remain
unchanged between patch submission and patch commit times.  As the reviewer
and committer of the patch, it was *my* job to make sure that it didn't
break anything.

And as it turns out, I thought I did my job well enough.  I ran a full 'make
check' plus executed cat_tests.py over both svn:// and http:// before
committing this patch -- all without a single meaningful failure.  (I *was*
seeing an XPASS in the diff-diff3-test C tests, but that was clearly
unrelated.)  So I really have no clue about what went wrong here.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>