Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/29 13:57:30 UTC

couchdb.1 is missing

I probably miss w dependency to build couch. I get this error right now:

make -C bin distcheck-hook
make[2]: Entering directory `/vagrant/couchdb/bin'
if test ! -s couchdb.1; then \
   ../build-aux/dist-error couchdb.1; \
else \
   if test ! `cat couchdb.1 | wc -l` -gt 1; then \
       ../build-aux/dist-error couchdb.1; \
   fi \
fi
ERROR: This file is missing or incomplete:

       couchdb.1

       This file is optional at build and install time,
       but is required when preparing a distribution.
make[2]: *** [distcheck-hook] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/vagrant/couchdb/bin'
make[1]: *** [distcheck-hook] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/vagrant/couchdb'
make: *** [distcheck] Error 1

any idea ?

- benoit

Re: couchdb.1 is missing

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl> wrote:

> So, help2man?

That's it, thanks!

- benoit

Re: couchdb.1 is missing

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 5:22 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Yep. Specifically, look at the output of ./configure towards the end. It
>> will warn you that it's ignoring the missing dep. You can disable this
>> behaviour by passing in --enable-strictness. If you're doing anything to do
>> with dist*, you should be using this option.

Especially if things won't build without it, I would say that sounds
like a good idea.

Re: couchdb.1 is missing

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:
> Yep. Specifically, look at the output of ./configure towards the end. It
> will warn you that it's ignoring the missing dep. You can disable this
> behaviour by passing in --enable-strictness. If you're doing anything to do
> with dist*, you should be using this option.

Right, I can see that now, thanks. I also missed texinfo. Shouldn't we
add them to the Install.unix file? They aren't installed by default on
ubuntu. Even after installing build-essential and gnu-standards
packages.

- benoit

- benoit

Re: couchdb.1 is missing