Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Joe Ryan <jo...@engitech.ie> on 2002/11/01 15:02:24 UTC

Issues with the HTTP implementation provided with Apache SOAP.

I am curious about the HTTP implementation provided with Apache SOAP, as I
need to go through a proxy server.

Browsing the net I saw an article which pointed out the following isssues
with the HTTP implementation provided with Apache SOAP V2.0

- No Proxy/Socks support.
(If you need to use a http proxy or socks server to reach the server then it
won't work. Assumption is client can directly open a socket to the server.)

- HTTP Security support missing.
- HTTP/SSL support with certificate based authentication is missing (only
support standard HTTP, no SSL)
- No cookie support.
- It opens a new socket for every RPC.

Can somebody let me know if SOAP 2.2 or 2.3 has Proxy/Socks support? This is
the main concern I have. If not then presumably I must implement my own Http
Transport class?

thanks, Joe.

Re: Issues with the HTTP implementation provided with Apache SOAP.

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
I think proxy support was in by 2.2.  I know 2.3.1 has it.  There are
methods on SOAPHTTPConnection for setProxyHost, setProxyPort,
setProxyUser, setProxyPassword.  The nightly builds now also read System
properties http.proxyHost, http.proxyPort, http.ProxyUser,
http.proxyPassword (among others), so that you do not have to code proxy
information into your application.

Scott Nichol

<ma...@xml.apache.org>
<ma...@xml.apache.org>

Re: Issues with the HTTP implementation provided with Apache SOAP.