Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Hao Yang <ha...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/18 08:59:13 UTC

TestDFSIO job failure when probabilistically injecting faults in checksum file

Hi, all:

I am a graduate student, now working on HDFS fault injection course
project. I used FI framework to create data corruption in either data file
or checksum file. However, when I set the injection probability to 0.1,
TestDFSIO always fails if I corrupt the checksum file. If I corrupt the
data file with the same probability, the benchmark can succeed with onl
corruption exception reported. Does anyone know the reason?

Thank you for your time.