Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Frank Renaers <Fr...@ikan.be> on 2004/08/19 12:09:27 UTC

MSSQL and CLOB

Hi,

We are using OJB1.0.0

It seems that it's not possible to read a MSSQL TEXT column  when we use
the Jdbc CLOB datatype.

It works when we use the LONGVARCHAR datatype, but we can't use it
because we would like to support also Oracle databases.

We are using the following mappings :

Java Type : String

Jdbc Type : CLOB

Mssql Database Type : TEXT

We always get the following exception.

rethrown as org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerException: Error
reading class type:
be.ikan.lib.ojb.bo.operatingsystem.OperatingSystemBean from result set,
current read field was log: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for
JDBC]Unsupported data conversion.

      at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.RowReaderDefaultImpl.readValuesFrom(Un

known Source)

      at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.RowReaderDefaultImpl.readObjectArrayFr

om(Unknown Source)

      at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.JdbcAccessImpl.materializeObject(Unkno

wn Source)

      at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getDBObject(Unknown

Source)

      at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.doGetObjectByIdentity(U

nknown Source)

      at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getObjectByIdentity(Unk

nown Source)

      at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getObjectByQuery(Unknow

n Source)

      at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.getObjectByQuery(

Unknown Source)

      at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.getObjectByQuery(

Unknown Source)

Does someone have a solution for this ?

Thanks,

Frank Renaers