Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Tombs <mt...@chello.se> on 2005/10/10 10:49:30 UTC

Jelly SQL tags and raw datatype

I am having trouble using jelly to access a 'raw' datatype from an Oracle
database.

This is what I am trying to do. I have data in a 'proprietary' format stored
in raw fields in an Oracle database, and I have a class for parsing the data
in the raw field to give me some useful information. In traditional java code
using jdbc, my class works fine.

I have written a custom tag that wraps my class, so that I can manipulate the
raw data from a jelly script. Heres the problem : the jelly script (read the
jstl sql tags) don't seem to extract the same data from the raw field as the
java code does; for a start, I get a lot less data.

Any ideas?

thanks

Mark

Re: Jelly SQL tags and raw datatype

Posted by Mark Tombs <mt...@chello.se>.
On Monday 10 October 2005 08.49, Mark Tombs wrote:
> I am having trouble using jelly to access a 'raw' datatype from an Oracle
> database.
>
> This is what I am trying to do. I have data in a 'proprietary' format
> stored in raw fields in an Oracle database, and I have a class for parsing
> the data in the raw field to give me some useful information. In
> traditional java code using jdbc, my class works fine.
>
> I have written a custom tag that wraps my class, so that I can manipulate
> the raw data from a jelly script. Heres the problem : the jelly script
> (read the jstl sql tags) don't seem to extract the same data from the raw
> field as the java code does; for a start, I get a lot less data.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks
>
> Mark

After looking around for a while it looks like the jstl tags return the memory
address for raws, blobs, clobs etc instead of the actual value. Could this be
true?

I've worked around it now anyway.