Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2010/04/15 19:42:58 UTC

Lookups desccriptions

Hi,

At r933130 Bilgin introduced a nice feature which allows to show the related descriptions (if exist) of Ids used/rendered in lookups
fields. There is also a showDescription lookup attribute to hide if needed.
I wonder if we could not show them by default (Bilgin set the widget.lookup.showDescription to N in widget.properties) and hide
descriptions where they will be annoying (for instance in the Catalog main/landing page left column )

Jacques

Re: Lookups desccriptions

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Bilgin Ibryam" <bi...@gmail.com>
> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> At r933130 Bilgin introduced a nice feature which allows to show the
>> related descriptions (if exist) of Ids used/rendered in lookups
>> fields. There is also a showDescription lookup attribute to hide if
>> needed.
>> I wonder if we could not show them by default (Bilgin set the
>> widget.lookup.showDescription to N in widget.properties) and hide
>> descriptions where they will be annoying (for instance in the Catalog
>> main/landing page left column )
>>
>> Jacques
>>

> In rev 936638 I enabled lookup descriptions. They are annoying when
> there is not enough space, for instance if the lookup is on the left
> bar, or when the form has more than one column.
> Anyway, it is easy to disable them if needed. Or we can make the
> descriptions to appear as html tooltips  ie they may appear only when
> user puts the mouse over the ID.
>
> Bilgin

Thanks Bilgin,

I totally agree, though if I remember the html tooltips was not working in all browsers, maybe "today" browsers are all OK...

Jacques

Re: Lookups desccriptions

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.