Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by aTan <at...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/16 03:36:38 UTC

How to implement spellcheck for custom suggest component?

Hello.
I'm new to Solr and would be thankful for advice for the following case:
We have Suggest API running on production using Solr 6, which currently
prevent changes in the response and query parameters. That's why SpellCheck
component can't be used (parameter is custom, not 'q'or 'spellcheck.q').
I've tried to search for the solution, but many threads ends without any
clear answer.

To my understanding there is 2 main ways.
1. Combine default filters, to emulate spellcheck behavior.
Question: which combination might give good enough result?
Advantage: will be very easy to integrate.
Disadvantage: the quality and flexibility will be not very good
2. Implement custom filter, inside which implement advanced spellcheck
functionality, using some open-source.
Advantage: quality will be much higher
Disadvantage: "invention of the bicycle" and even add custom filter to the
production currently quite complicated.
3. Something else... open for suggestions :)

The expected behavior:
myrequestparam.q=iphon
suggest: iphone, iphone 8...

myrequestparam.q=iphonn
suggest: iphone, iphone 8...

If there is both cases possible and corrected suggestion is highly possible
along with original one, maybe put it with lower weight in the list. But the
response list should be the single entity (merged).

Thanks.

--
Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

Re: How to implement spellcheck for custom suggest component?

Posted by Paras Lehana <pa...@indiamart.com>.
Hi Buddy,

We have built Auto-Suggest over Solr with EdgeNGrams, Custom Spellcheck
Factory and Synonyms (for spelling mistakes). This solves for most cases.

If you have the dictionary for spelling mistakes, EdneNGrams after
Synonym factory will do the job.

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 13:35, aTan <at...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
> I'm new to Solr and would be thankful for advice for the following case:
> We have Suggest API running on production using Solr 6, which currently
> prevent changes in the response and query parameters. That's why SpellCheck
> component can't be used (parameter is custom, not 'q'or 'spellcheck.q').
> I've tried to search for the solution, but many threads ends without any
> clear answer.
>
> To my understanding there is 2 main ways.
> 1. Combine default filters, to emulate spellcheck behavior.
> Question: which combination might give good enough result?
> Advantage: will be very easy to integrate.
> Disadvantage: the quality and flexibility will be not very good
> 2. Implement custom filter, inside which implement advanced spellcheck
> functionality, using some open-source.
> Advantage: quality will be much higher
> Disadvantage: "invention of the bicycle" and even add custom filter to the
> production currently quite complicated.
> 3. Something else... open for suggestions :)
>
> The expected behavior:
> myrequestparam.q=iphon
> suggest: iphone, iphone 8...
>
> myrequestparam.q=iphonn
> suggest: iphone, iphone 8...
>
> If there is both cases possible and corrected suggestion is highly possible
> along with original one, maybe put it with lower weight in the list. But
> the
> response list should be the single entity (merged).
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, *Auto-Suggest*,
IndiaMART InterMESH Ltd,

11th Floor, Tower 2, Assotech Business Cresterra,
Plot No. 22, Sector 135, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India 201305

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 0120-4056700 | Extn:
*1196*

--