Posted to users@camel.apache.org by helander <le...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/21 20:34:14 UTC

Advice on solution wanted

Given the following scenario, what would the "best" solution be.

Given is:
  - A remote SOAP service is available over a JMS transport.
  - The service is described by a WSDL.
  - I generate an interface class (wsdl port type) from the wsdl using
wsdl2java (cxf-codegen-plugin)
  - Applications that access the service, should be able to do this by just
knowing about the interface class and some provider of a proxy having this
interface.
  - I need to do processing related to the request and response messages
where I have access the message contents as POJO:s

So, given the interface class I would like to be able to create the proxy (I
have tried both cxf and camel proxies). When an application calls a service
method on the proxy, I want the following to happen:

The service call is transformed to a message exchange, where the request
data is in POJO format. The exchange is now processed by a route having a
number "steps". At some point towards the end of the route I need to
transform the request to the required XML message. When I have the XML
message I will do some further processing steps and after this, I would like
to send the request message to the remote server using  camel-jms. When the
response is received I would like to be able to process the response
contents using a POJO representation of the response, and finally provide
the response back to the calling client via the proxy.

I had this working using ProxyBuilder and the camel-soap dataformat, but I
found out that if I had a method with two input parameters of the same type,
then this is not supported. So this solution does not work.

Any help towards the "best" solution is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Lars