Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Alberto Gobbi <ag...@anadyspharma.com> on 2003/07/29 22:47:44 UTC

setPrecission missing in SVGGeneratorContext.createDefault

Hi,
I have started to use batik it is a great tool!!!

I ran into a nullpointer exception in SVGGeneratorContext.doubleString with simple code like:

   public void createSVG(OutputStream out) throws IOException
   {  // Get a DOMImplementation
      DOMImplementation domImpl = GenericDOMImplementation.getDOMImplementation();

      // Create an instance of org.w3c.dom.Document
      Document document = domImpl.createDocument(null, "svg", null);

      // Create an instance of the SVG Generator
      SVGGraphics2D svgGenerator = new SVGGraphics2D(document);
      //svgGenerator.getGeneratorContext().setPrecision(4);

      draw(svgGenerator);
      svgGenerator.stream(new OutputStreamWriter(out, "UTF-8"), true);
   }

and finaly figured out that I had to add a line like:
	svgGenerator.getGeneratorContext().setPrecision(4);

I think it would be a good idea to have a call to setPrecision in SVGGeneratorContext.createDefault because that would prevent the exception.

Alberto

Re: setPrecission missing in SVGGeneratorContext.createDefault

Posted by Vincent Hardy <vi...@sun.com>.
Hi Alberto,

There is a bug in Batik 1.5 that causes the NullPointerException. This
fixed in CVS. As you figured out, adding a call to setPrecision works
around the issue. However, if you get the latest code from CVS, you'll
find that the default will work (i.e., the default precision works and
there is no need to call setPrecision unless desired).

Vincent.