Posted to dev@usergrid.apache.org by Jason Kristian <ja...@apps4u.com.au> on 2014/12/01 10:33:17 UTC

single admin for two or more Organisations

HI , Im trying to create a admin users that owns two org’s Ive not been able too I can see that the Username and email have to be unique so I don’t think it can be done but after looking at the javascript SDK its has methods to change org and get org’s for logging users so is this some thing thats be removed and its still left in the javascript SDK..

Jason Kristian | Director | Apps 4 U Pty Ltd.
ph: +61 075699 8109
mob: +61 0411 389 392
e: Jason Kristian <ma...@apps4u.com.au>

Re: single admin for two or more Organisations

Posted by Rod Simpson <ro...@rodsimpson.com>.
Admin users must be unique.  Orgs must be unique.  But there is a many to many relationship between the two.  If you are getting an error about unique usernames or emails, then probably the call you are making is to create a new admin user (which also creates a new org).  You don’t want to do that.  You want to either create a new org and automatically connect it to the existing user (meaning, you use a token acquired by that user to create the org), or add a new or existing user to an existing org.

--
Rod Simpson
@rockerston

On December 1, 2014 at 3:43:50 PM, Jason Kristian (jasonk@apps4u.com.au) wrote:

Thanks for you response I’ll try that again.

1 - I’ve tried using rest api and I get a error saying that the username and email must be unique.

2 - in the portal I can add a 2nd admin to a existing org. but Ive not found a way to add a new org other then the register button on the log in page but It too gives me a error saying that username and email must be unique.

The only way Ive been able to do this so far is to create two org with two different admin users . Then I can add the first org admin user to the 2nd org on the portal org page by clicking on add new admin user.

I’ll have try again today trying your instructions to see if I did some thing wrong.

Posted by Jason Kristian <ja...@apps4u.com.au>.