Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/12 10:40:30 UTC

[build] anybody seeing MathTest failure?

I see this on both linux and windows. anybody else seeing it?

Class org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.MathTest

test_hypot_DD Failure Should return NaN expected:<NaN> but was:<NaN>

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Should return NaN expected:<NaN>
but was:<NaN> at
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.MathTest.test_hypot_DD(MathTest.java:277)
at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:25)
0.000

test_log1p_D Failure Should return NaN expected:<NaN> but was:<NaN>

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Should return NaN expected:<NaN>
but was:<NaN> at
org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.MathTest.test_log1p_D(MathTest.java:323)
at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:25)

Thanks,
Mikhail

Re: [build] anybody seeing MathTest failure?

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.
Nathan Beyer wrote:
> [...]
Of course not:).

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@kc.rr.com>.

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@kc.rr.com>.
BTW - The original changes that I made were done because I did a mass fix of
all the inappropriate double and float test assertions. All of them were
using boxing, which meant that assertion was actually happening on
Double.equals(Object).

These were all rolled backed, but I'm going to check them back in and fix
the few NaN tests that I missed the first time to be as below.

-Nathan

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@kc.rr.com>.

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.
it works! thanks, Paulex

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Spark Shen <sm...@gmail.com>.
Mikhail Loenko 写道:
> I see this on both linux and windows. anybody else seeing it?
>
> Class org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.MathTest
>
> test_hypot_DD Failure Should return NaN expected:<NaN> but was:<NaN>
>
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Should return NaN expected:<NaN>
> but was:<NaN> at
> org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.MathTest.test_hypot_DD(MathTest.java:277)
>
> at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:25)
> 0.000
>
> test_log1p_D Failure Should return NaN expected:<NaN> but was:<NaN>
>
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Should return NaN expected:<NaN>
> but was:<NaN> at
> org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.MathTest.test_log1p_D(MathTest.java:323)
>
> at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.invokeV(AccessibleObject.java:25)

Yes, I have noticed that. It is caused by commit 442438. I suggest first
mention the commitment on the mailing list and then provide a patch.

The original code is:
assertEquals("Should return NaN", Double.NaN, Math.hypot(Double.NaN,
2342301.89843));

After the commit, it becomes:

assertEquals("Should return NaN", Double.NaN, Math.hypot(Double.NaN,
2342301.89843), 0D);

> Thanks,
> Mikhail

Spark Shen