Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Richard & Alex Malcolm <th...@hotmail.com> on 2004/02/24 04:40:28 UTC

is the "task" concept available in SubVersion?

Hi,

I am just wondering if there is the concept of a "task" in SubVersion. What
i mean by "task" is the association of a set of changes you may perform to a
number of files to make a single fix or add a single new piece of
functionality. This concept can be powerful for allowing a single "task" (or
job) to be managable in its own right (i.e. remove that suite of changes
etc).

Is that possible in SubVersion?

Cheers,
Richard

Re: is the "task" concept available in SubVersion?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 22:40, Richard & Alex Malcolm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am just wondering if there is the concept of a "task" in SubVersion. What
> i mean by "task" is the association of a set of changes you may perform to a
> number of files to make a single fix or add a single new piece of
> functionality. This concept can be powerful for allowing a single "task" (or
> job) to be managable in its own right (i.e. remove that suite of changes
> etc).
>
> Is that possible in SubVersion?

Yes, you're describing what most people call a 'changeset', or a
'patch', 'single commit' or whatever.  Subversion's global revision
numbers are simply names of changesets.  You can refer to them by name,
merge them by name, revert them by name, etc.