Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Jones <sc...@on-sitemanager.com> on 2002/03/04 19:55:11 UTC

Session.getAttribute gives null when it shouldn't?

Hello,

I've just upgraded to Tomcat 4.0.1 (I'm using Cocoon 2, and wasn't able
to get everything working with 4.0.2).  I've just received an error from
one user (my error page stores errors, and their stacktraces), where
they had a session.getAttribute("something") that returned null where
earlier in the same JSP it actually returned the correct value (and it
also returned to correct value in my error page).

Is there any reason that a session variable would occasionally return
null?

-Scott