Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Marcus Furlong <me...@hotmail.com> on 2008/06/19 23:26:35 UTC

Axis2 Performance

All,

I was reading on the Axis2 site that the memory foot print is lower and it is faster than the earlier versions of Axis.  Well I wrote a simple client that ran against the Version service that comes with Axis2.  The client has two flavors Axis1 1.4 and Axis2 1.4.

I ran wsdl2java for each with no special arguments and used the generated stubs for my client.

My benchmark program had 2 loops.  The first loop created the stub, and the inner loop ran the getVersion method  The outer loop ran 30 times and the inner loop ran 1000 times.  My Axis1 1.4 client used 31MB of RAM and took 1 minute of CPU time, the same program using Axis2 used 38MB of RAM and took over 2 minutes of CPU time.

Am I doing something wrong or is the Axis2 client code heavier?  Are there omre options in the Axis2 client that I'm not using?

Thanks,
Marcus
Introducing Live Search cashback .  It's search that pays you back!
http://search.live.com/cashback/?&pkw=form=MIJAAF/publ=HMTGL/crea=introsrchcashback

Re: Axis2 Performance

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Marcus Furlong <me...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Amila,
>
> What does the -u 'unpack databinding classes' mean?

Databinding classes generates in different java files.  normally they
generate as inerclasses  in stub.

thanks,
Amila.

> Thanks,
> Marcus
> ________________________________
> > Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 10:52:52 +0530
> > From: amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com
> > To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
> > Subject: Re: Axis2 Performance
> >

> > On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 2:56 AM, Marcus Furlong <me...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > I was reading on the Axis2 site that the memory foot print is lower and
> it is faster than the earlier versions of Axis.  Well I wrote a simple
> client that ran against the Version service that comes with Axis2.  The
> client has two flavors Axis1 1.4 and Axis2 1.4.
> >
> > I ran wsdl2java for each with no special arguments and used the generated
> stubs for my client.
> > try to generate the code with -u option for Axis2.
> >

> > My benchmark program had 2 loops.  The first loop created the stub, and
> the inner loop ran the getVersion method  The outer loop ran 30 times and
> the inner loop ran 1000 times.  My Axis1 1.4 client used 31MB of RAM and
> took 1 minute of CPU time, the same program using Axis2 used 38MB of RAM and
> took over 2 minutes of CPU time.
> >
> > Here you are creating different Stubs as well. Try to see with one Stub
> instance to send 30,000 messages.
> >
> > All these performance test are done at the server side. Normally a server
> is expected to get a lot of requests from different clients. These test uses
> a ab (apache bench) to send standard Soap message to check the performance
> at the various load levels.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Amila
> >

> > Am I doing something wrong or is the Axis2 client code heavier?  Are
> there omre options in the Axis2 client that I'm not using?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Marcus
> >
> > ________________________________
> > Introducing Live Search cashback . It's search that pays you back! Try it
> Now
> >

> > --
> > Amila Suriarachchi,
> > WSO2 Inc.